CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Seattle to Juneau

(***Disclaimer*** Kristen says I write too much. First of all, I apologize. Secondly, it won't hurt my feelings if you don't want to read my long and wordy, oftentimes mundane and silly, sad attempts at creative writing. It's for my benefit more than yours. What can I say? I'm doing my best to be a thorough family historian. So feel free to just scroll through the pictures--they're probably the best part of the blog anyway!)

Our flight left Seattle the next morning at 6:30 am. And let me tell you how easy it is to get a family of 6, including 4 children and a wife who has been up all night nursing a baby, to the airport early enough to catch a 6:30 am flight. I can assure you it is not very easy! We were flying on alaska airlines, and for whatever reason they wouldn't let me pick our seats online when I bought the tickets. They wouldn't even assign us seats when we checked our bags! It wasn't until we actually got to the gate that they were assigning seats, and since we didn't get to the gate very earlier (and I might add that going through security was a joke/nightmare!), by the time we were assigned our seats every single one of us had a single seat spread all around the cabin. Not one of us was sitting with someone in the family. And to make matters worse, it wasn't just a direct flight to Juneau either--it is what they call the "mail run" flight. The plane stopped in Ketchikan, Wrangell, and Petersburg, before finally arriving in Juneau. And at each stop, they wouldn't let us off the plane. So what should have been a 2.5 hour plane ride, ended up being about 7 hours on the plane. Not very fun! So before leaving Seattle I drugged up all the kids with Dramamine and prayed for the best. It was a long trip, but somehow we made it.

1 comments:

Deb said...

you guys are SO brave! just sayin' :)