CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, June 13, 2010

Alaska (via Seattle)

OK, so for those of you who don't know, the Reeses have decided to spend the summer in Alaska. Kristen thought it wasn't fair that I got to go to Alaska, but her and the kids had to stay home. So, last summer we started planning a family trip for the summer of 2010. Well, at the time we made the plans, we didn't know we were going to have a baby. I thought that would change things, but nothing can stop Kristen when she gets her little adventurous mind set on something. So on May 31st, the day after we said goodbye to our exchange student, and 3 weeks after having a baby, we packed up and headed to Alaska.

First stop along the way was an overnight layover in Seattle. I intentionally had us stay the night there because I know Kristen likes to take any chance she can to go and show the kids a new place. So with only a couple hours to spare, we went downtown to Pikes Market and the Space Needle. Somehow on the way there (we rented a car) we drove past the exit for the market (how was I to know? I've never been there!) and I think we almost made it to Canada before I realized it. Everybody else had fallen asleep in the car (and I was about to myself, considering I was going on about 3 hours of sleep from packing the night before). I finally had to stop at McDonalds and get a shake to wake me up, and that's when I discovered I had gone way too far. Anyway, we finally made it, and had a fun time walking around the market.





SLC airport--ready to go!






Due to rising costs of checked bags, all the kids took was a carry-on and a "personal item" (their backpacks). Everything they would need for 2 months!









Lots of sea food at the market. But what do we need to buy salmon for? we'll be catching our own before long!








Kristen, Kaden, & Caleb in Pikes Market








Family shot outside the market









Space needle. Ok, so we didn't go in the Space Needle. Just got close enough to take a pic and say we were there.

2 comments:

Amber M. said...

Bummer! We'll be in ALaska this summer, but not until August so we'll miss you there. Enjoy yourselves...June and July are the best months of the whole year.

Wanna fly home through Spokane?? I know this great little B&B on the base...

:-)

Brenda said...

I am so excited for your adventure! Thank you for posting and what a darling family! Hopefully you make it back before we move back from our "adventure" in Idaho this summer.