CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Pinewood Derby







Caleb had his first official pinewood derby race as a cub scout. OK, so I have to admit, we got a little help. I don't have any tools or machines to cut the car from its original block, so I bought a pre-cut car on the internet. Now, we still had to sand it, paint it, put the wheels and decals and weights on, and tweek it just right to make it lightning fast--we just didn't have to cut it. It's amazing what you can get online. We named the car "El Fuego", and then let him loose to burn up the tracks. Caleb ended up taking 4th place overall. Kids had a great time; Dads got high blood pressure and humble pie. Typical pinewood derby!




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Kristen!!! How come you didnt' tell me you had a blog. How are you??? Your family is so adorable and getting so big. I have to know everything you have been up to. Email me tricia2lam@yahoo.com!!

condiefamily said...

HELLOOOO! Congrats on the pinewood derby! 4th is very respectable. I don't know if you remember the Stan McIllece Pinewood Derby creative genius. My favorite was the black widow car that was composed of about 40% pine, 60% various metals. All located over the back wheels of course. The wheels were rounded (legal?) and axels coated with graphite. Those were the days! I was excited to find your family blog thru Tony and Amber. You'll have to connect to ours thru their site as well. Louisiana is great. Can't wait to visit Utah this summer...
Wendy