CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, October 16, 2008

CELEBRATE

The other night we had two reasons to celebrate. First, Caleb's and Kaden's soccer teams both played in the championship game of their soccer season. To make it a little crazy, they both happened to be playing at the same time. Fortunately, they were playing on fields right next to each other. So we just sat in between the two fields and tried to watch both. And wouldn't you know it, but they both went into overtime. It was getting way too intense trying to keep track of what was going on in each game. And as luck would have it, they were both still tied at the end of overtime, and both games went into a shootout. Now, would it be too much to ask for one game to wait while one shootout happened, and then do the second one after? Of course it would! So both shootouts started at the same time, but at opposite sides of the field. You should have seen us running back and forth between the two. Kaden got picked to be goalie, so his was a little more intense for us. Unfortunately, after all that craziness and excitement, they both ended up losing their shootout. But we were so proud of them, how hard they both played, and the very fact that they made it to the championship. That alone was worth celebrating.



The other thing we celebrated that night was Kristen's birthday. So after the game we stopped and got pizzas, rootbeer and icecream to make rootbeer freezes, and we went home to celebrate a fantastic day.

I just wanted to make a few comments about some of the things I love and appreciate in Kristen:
--Her selflessness
--Her soft voice as she sings lullabies to our children
--She lets me do the family blog
--Keeping me up at night as she tells me about her day
--She's older than me :)
--Her support of me and my activities
--She always lets me choose the radio station in the car (and she humors me when I want to play "name that tune")
--When she talks to me in Spanish
--She NEVER leaves a house without having helped them clean up
--Her amazing gift of making others feel loved

And the list could go on. I'll suffice to say that I'm a very lucky man!

5 comments:

Amber M. said...

You ARE a very lucky man, carlan! Happy birthday, Kristen!

Stuart Family said...

Happy Birthday Kristan!! I hope you had a Happy Birthday and enjoyed your Root Beer Floats. That sounds yummy. Ry asked how old you were?? 40 j/k Not yet. You will always be older and wiser then all of us youngees. Love ya. Oh and Carlan yes you are a pretty lucky man to have her as your wife. We love you guys and can't wait to see you. February is to far away. :(

Stuart Family said...

Tell Kristin to hop in her car a drive to Arizona this weekend. Tell her I will pay for her gas and ticket to the concert. :)

MooreInterest said...

Happy Birthday Kristen!!!! What a cute picture of you with the boys! Carlan, we think you're pretty lucky too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey-family!

Carlan, it's fun to keep up-to-date on the internet with your busy group! This is such a special and happy time for your little family. Enjoy every minute of it, because the time goes by all too fast . . . and before you know it, your "babies" are all grown up --with babies of their own.

You certainly did have plenty to celebrate! Congratulations to the ball-playing boys; our little gymnist, Katelyn; and your sweet wife on her birthday. WOW! What a day!

I, too, feel very fortunate to have such a lovely young woman in my family for you to love and share your life with (and who makes you so happy), and who does such a great job of looking after my special, very talented grandchildren. :)

Hugs to all!