CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, July 3, 2008

HELP WANTED


So we're hiring for a new receptionist in our Saratoga Springs office. On Monday we started interviews. Since I am out of the office on Mondays my partner did some interviews. Here's an exerpt from one of those interviews (probably not exact, but pretty close):
"So do you have any experience in optical?"
"Yes."
"Tell me about that job."
"Well, it was only about a month. They had 3 different people that were trying to train me. And come on, how am I supposed to learn anything with 3 different people trying to train me at the same time. So they let me go after 30 days."
"Oh, OK. Uh, how about your previous employment?"
"Well, I was on a lot of anti-anxiety medications, so I was always real sleepy and had a hard time making it to work on time. So they let me go too."
"And you honestly think we would even consider you for a second for this position?" (OK, I made up that part, but if it were me, I probably would have said it.)
I can't imagine the interview lasted much longer than that. Needless to say, I didn't see her the next day for a follow-up interview. Thank goodness for great employees!

0 comments: